The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) is a security initiative by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) to coach and take a look at drone pilots on their information of secure flying practices. The TRUST course is on the market on-line and covers subjects similar to methods to keep away from hazards, what to do for those who lose management of your drone, and FAA rules. Once you’ve accomplished the course and handed the take a look at, you’ll be capable of obtain a certificates of completion which you can present to anybody who asks about your flying abilities. Whether you’re a newbie or an skilled drone pilot, the TRUST course is a helpful useful resource for anybody eager to brush up on their security information.
Understand leisure flying necessities
TRUST gives training and testing on vital security and regulatory data. If you fly your drone recreationally underneath the Exception for Recreational Flyers, you will need to move the take a look at earlier than you fly.
There are just a few key issues that you have to perceive earlier than leisure flying your unmanned plane system (UAS). First, you will need to register your UAS with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Second, you will need to label your UAS along with your contact data. Finally, you will need to move the FAA’s Recreational flyers’ Safety Test (TRUST) with a view to function your UAS recreationally.
The TRUST is a web based take a look at that covers fundamental aeronautical information. The take a look at consists of 30 multiple-choice questions and takes about 20 minutes to finish. You will want a rating of 70% or larger to move. After you move the TRUST, it is possible for you to to obtain and print out a certificates of completion.
You can take the TRUST as many occasions as you have to with a view to move, however you will need to wait a minimum of 24 hours between every try.
- Understand leisure flying necessities
- Take TRUST
- You might take the free on-line take a look at by means of any of the FAA accepted take a look at directors.
- All FAA-approved TRUST take a look at directors provide the take a look at free.
- All take a look at questions are correctable to 100% previous to issuing your completion certificates.
- After finishing TRUST, you will must obtain, save or print your completion certificates.
- If you lose your certificates, you will have to re-take TRUST.
- View a listing of TRUST Test Administrators
The TRUST take a look at is a voluntary security test for leisure UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) customers. Taking the TRUST take a look at is a method to assist guarantee that you’re working your UAS safely and inside the regulation.
The TRUST take a look at covers fundamental UAS security information, similar to methods to correctly examine your UAS earlier than every flight, and what to do if one thing goes fallacious throughout a flight. It additionally covers extra particular subjects, similar to airspace guidelines and rules.
Taking the TRUST take a look at is fast and straightforward, and it is an effective way to point out your dedication to secure UAS operation.
Receive your certificates
After you could have accomplished the Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST), you’ll obtain a certificates. This certificates is your proof that you’ve got efficiently accomplished the take a look at and at the moment are secure to function a leisure unmanned plane.
List of FAA Approved Test Administrators (FAA Approved TRUST TA)
- Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA)
- Boy Scouts of America
- Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Community College of Allegheny County – West Hills Center
- CrossFlight Sky Solutions
- Drone Launch Academy LLC
- Drone Trust
- Drone U
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
- HSU Educational Foundation
- Lake Area Technical College
- New College Institute (NCI)
- Pilot Institute
- Proctorio Incorporated
- Tactical Aviation
- UAV Coach
- University of Arizona Global Campus